A Web Architect in the Operations department is responsible for the operational design, management, security and deployment of web sites, web services and web proxies developed by our development teams. The key responsibilities of the role is to facilitate the successful completion of new deployments and/or projects, and to support other teams with relation to the web hosting technologies deployed on the platform.
- Follow the completion of a project or improvement task from start to finish, in-line with requirement stated by the Project Management team.
- Identify issues and propose improvements with a given deployment plan.
- Prepare and provide clear handovers for new solutions to other departments.
- Triage issues to recognise the need for escalation early. Ensure all relevant information is provided to the next teams as per standard escalation procedures. Retain ownership and tracking of the issue until completion.
- Aid the investigation and troubleshooting on any incidents assigned to the operations team in a timely and accurate manner.
- Update documentation and procedures based on follow-up tasks and resolution details.
Continuous improvement and documentation
- Propose and deliver improvements to the platform with a focus on increasing stability, performance, security and efficiency.
- Liaise with development teams and their use of web technologies.
- Take all reasonable steps to assist and educate operations and support teams when a new solution is made available on the live platform.
- Ensure all documentation is updated and maintained, so that others can quickly and easily understand the issue, actions and resolution.
Education & Qualifications: Specialised/Technical
Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent, preferably in a Computer Science or relevant subject,
Industry standard technical qualifications in web technologies
Experience with server technologies, includes but not limited to:
1. IIS proxy & web servers
2. NGINX proxy servers
3. Apache web servers
- Experience with container & container orchestration
- Experience with PHP, .Net, SOAP, Rest, CSS, JSON, XML
- Experience with public cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience with database technologies (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience of troubleshooting technical issues, typically of at least 12 months.
- Experience of using a ticketing system, and of giving customer updates.
- Experience in change management.
- Experience of dealing with third party suppliers to troubleshoot/update systems/hardware.
- Experience in an ISO certified operating environment.
- Experience in an ITIL operating environment.
Skills / Aptitude:
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- High attention to detail.