As a Technical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Internal Service Desk
- Provide first line support to internal users for all enquiries into the IT service desk.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and test solutions for all issues and where necessary escalate to relevant other technical teams.
- Provide desktop PC, laptop and other IT equipment support to all users.
- Build and maintain servers and workstations for internal and external use.
- Participate in new starter inductions and training users on new applications / setups as necessary.
- Manage network infrastructure at the headquarters, including:
- Domain maintenance.
- Mail servers.
- Messaging gateways.
- Anti-virus servers.
- File servers.
- RSA servers.
Server and Customer Equipment Production
- Ensure hardware produced by both Redwood and third-parties is working effectively and efficiently.
- Follow all Group policies and procedures in the production, logging, posting and/or deploying of hardware.
- Personally deploy hardware on sites when required.
- Establish relationships with external strategic partners when necessary.
Customer Service and Communication
- Deliver high standards of customer service, regularly updating users on progress as necessary.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with managers and users around the business.
- Ensure that internal customer SLAs are met and measured.
- Provide detailed and accurate update/progress reports to management as required.
- Maintain up to date and accurate updates in the chosen ticketing system.
Projects / Upgrades
- Engage with a variety of projects, ensuring delivery to the highest standards within given timeframes.
- Liaise with other departments and also external suppliers to organise projects and deliver results.
The Technical Engineer is a prominent role which supports the business through the efficient resolution of internal technical issues. The successful candidate will be educated to a degree level or equivalent and be familiar with Windows, Microsoft and SQL technologies. The Technical Engineer will work collaboratively with other departments within the business to quickly escalate and deliver IT issues so it is vital that the jobholder demonstrate good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.