Design, develop and maintain innovative applications to improve communications for the company’s wide range of international clients. Work alongside other Applications Engineers to design the product concept and advise how it can be implemented technically within constraint Manage the day-to-day activities of software projects by tracking and analysing progress and collaborating with Project Managers when necessary.
Offer expert client support efficiently when required, to ensure that the company’s high levels of customer service and solution delivery are upheld Co-operate closely with test engineers to ensure that the high reliability underpinning the company’s success is maintained Offer technical input during the tendering phase of projects Apply, promote and continuously improve best practices and standards to continue and enhance the company’s excellent international reputation.
Experience and Skills, of a Senior Software Engineer
- Degree Educated, A minimum of 4 years of Software development
- Experience in SQL such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostGRES
- Experience in source control, in particular Git
- Experience in continuous integration or deployment
- Must have the relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Be hard working, ambitious and eager to acquire new skills
- Good time management skills
- Good oral and written skills
- General customer facing skills
- Uphold the company’s values and ethos, and adhere to relevant quality, security and environmental frameworks to enforce the company’s accreditations (e.g. ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001)
- Be well organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in designing and building scalable, responsive systems
- Experience in NoSQL such as ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of technologies such as WebRTC, AJAX and Web Sockets
- Knowledge and experience working to OWASPASVS or equivalent application security standards
- Proven experience of delivering applications with a high degree of usability
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, preferably SCRUM
- Framework experience such as Symfony 3, Vue.js
- Experience in web service development ideally using .NET
- Experience in using Jenkins and Puppet
- Experience in using test tools such as Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Burp Suite
- Ability to converse with users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues.