Our Global Superstar clients, who have won many IT and non IT AWARDS, are in a position to attract the very best.
They are seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Identification and correction of defects: the role’s primary function is to identify and resolve any defects or other issues with software releases as they are developed. Defect free releases help ensure the desired customer experience is delivered and reduce post-release follow up requirements for other departments, especially Applications Engineering and Support.
- Proactive steps: it is critical that any identified defects or other opportunities for improvement are acted on swiftly and proactively, delivering the defect free software release as quickly as possible. In the case of new functionality, this speed of delivery can mean increased revenues for the Business. In all examples, it results in an improved customer experience.
- Process / automation improvements: the jobholder will find new ways to test and improve the software deployment process so that more defects are uncovered with increased speed and accuracy. Automation, amongst other improvements will be critical.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Perform manual testing and building automated tests.
Resolve and Document
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and resolve issues.
- Train users to implement solutions.
- Maintain test results.
- Produce training documentation/guidance as required to avoid recurrence of defects/issues identified in the QA process.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Good experience working in software development
- Experience in a software QA role
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process