Project Management Director – South East England- 100-120k
Project Management Director – Responsible for the effective and professional management of large global and national customer projects, interfacing directly with Sales, Engineering Services, Operations, Product and Finance.
The Project Management Director takes overall responsibility for the timely delivery of all projects (both internal as external), to agreed commitments, to the customer’s satisfaction, on time and within budget.
Customer satisfaction: customers must be satisfied with the quality, speed and cost of work delivered.
Resource planning: the jobholder must meticulously plan the most effective use of their team and resources in order to deliver high value projects swiftly, maximising billing for the business.
Team motivation: the jobholder focuses on motivating a highly professional and capable team. Providing them with a clear strategy, responsibilities and regular constructive feedback on performance.
- Deliver a Project Management strategy focused on delivering the highest customer experience and real business value.
- Define best practices for Project Management, documenting and defining process as required.
- Define acceptance and handover criteria to ensure transition between departments is effective.
- Personally manage significant and complex projects where required.
- Personally handle major customer escalations to resolution as necessary.
- Drive and virtually manage all relevant internal departments to ensure effective project delivery.
- Manage costs and delivery timeframes effectively.
Be knowledgeable of project management standards such as ISO21500 and delivery methods including Agile and PRINCE2.
- Plan and implement appropriate resource levels (people, systems etc.) to deliver the desired service standards, including for peaks of workload.
- Proactively manage, monitor and report on performance of the team and individuals. Use feedback results in regular coaching and performance improvement plans.
- Champion “lessons learned” or similar sessions with relevant teams to deliver continuous improvement and to prevent recurrence of any customer or colleague impacting issues.
- Design and deploy an effective organisation structure and processes.
Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent, or significant alternative work experience
- Relevant Project Management qualifications e.g. Agile, PRINCE2
- Substantial experience of managing teams, typically of at least five years
- Track record of leading and managing large customer facing projects within a telecommunications or technology environment
- Experience of delivering International projects
- Substantial experience of direct management of customer and supplier relationships
- Experience of managing budgets for a department or large scale project
- Experience of using and/or deploying project management software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organisation, able to prioritise valuable commercial projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly numerate
- Language skills, French, German, Dutch, Japanese, would be of ADVANTAGE.