Change Engineer required for award winning communications company, Berkshire based. 40-50K
Deploy regular updates to Company platforms, ensuring new innovations, enhancements and other essential maintenance updates are deployed in a timely and accurate manner without disruption to existing services or customers. Liaising with internal and external contacts as appropriate, they coordinate requirements, requests and processes to that each change runs smoothly.
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Change Success: it is of paramount importance that any deployed changes precisely follow the change schedule and other plans so that the chances of a successful deployment are at their highest.
- Process & Documentation: Change Engineers ensure all relevant processes are followed and documented so that the impact of a change is auditable and it is clear why actions were taken.
- Communication: it is critical that those affected by a change understand and can plan for the effects of the change process, deployment and of the change of functionality resulting from the change itself.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
Planning and Processing Requests
- Process change requests to ensure all relevant preparations and testing is completed by requesting team(s).
- Review the potential impact and effect on partners and clients for each change, and deliver balanced risk assessments as part of regular communication. Raise unacceptable or unusual risks immediately.
- Authorize, modify or reject change requests according to internal policies, practices and procedure.
- Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings as required.
- Priorities, schedule and action change requests from both internal and external parties.
- Communicate change plans proactively to all affected team(s)/contacts to ensure they are up to date and prepared for changes in advance.
- Co-ordinate all necessary parties to manage change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules.
- Ensure changes are deployed accurately and the desired objective is achieved.
- Diligently assess every change during deployment against the proposed change objectives, and ensure that any change failing to meet the requirements is reverted.
Analysis, Reporting and Documentation
- Maintain a detailed log of all change activity to deliver complete visibility over platform progress and performance against updates.
- Take ownership of change analysis to determine trends and devise continual improvement strategies to procedures.
- Produce regular management reports and liaise directly with line managers in weekly reviews
Education & Qualifications: Specialized/Technical
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM subject, and equivalent experience
- Relevant technical certifications e.g. CCNA, ITIL, software development
- Experienced in working with the software development lifecycle, cloud platforms and/or the development of hardware and software
- Cloud Computing
- Change Process
- Change Requests
- Change Engineer