As OUR Clients expand globally, they are looking for a strong sales professional to join their fantastic sales team.
As an experienced and established Business Development Director, you will be adept at motivating a team to win new business and maintain and grow relationships with new customers across their assigned area of specialisation.
The Business Development Director will also carry a sales target and personally generate revenue, setting an example to team members in how to deliver excellent business.
This role will be ideal for someone with a wealth of industry experience and a black book of trusted connections so they can hit the ground running.
This role is based in our head office in Berkshire.
This is an office-based vacancy and as such we expect all applicants to be willing to commute to our offices a minimum of 3-4 days per week as per our hybrid working policy.
- Promote the Company’s cultural values across the immediate team and seek to incorporate their principles into processes and work standards.
- Ensure the team itself and individual colleagues’ area set clear work standards, priorities and Continuous Improvement (CI) objectives.
- Motivate, coach and develop the team on a daily basis. Give regular constructive feedback and recognise good behaviour/performance. Proactively address areas of poor performance with the team and support them to improve.
- Identify training needs across the team and design/source training that will meet these requirements.
- Invest in the personal development of the team, continuously improving their soft skills, customer service, technical skills and problem solving.
Strategic account planning
- Achieve revenue & margin targets from new partners and customers on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with marketing or other internal departments to proactively identify and target partners and customers, showcase our products and service and facilitate reference opportunities.
- Build sales approaches for specific partner and customer accounts.
Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities.
- Maintain a broad understanding of key products and technology relevant to the company’s services and industry developments.
- Work with key partners and customers to understand their industry, value drivers and business processes.
- Work closely with presales, delivery, support and any bid-related teams to effectively create, sell and deliver new business wins.
Customer relationships & satisfaction
- Regularly meet and build effective relationships with existing and potential partners and customers.
- Drive the promotion and sale of additional services to or through the partners and direct customers.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of partners and customer objectives and key personnel.
- Set partner and customer expectations during sales, delivery and throughout the contract.
- Take personal ownership and escalate on behalf of the partner and customer as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject.
- Substantial experience in developing and maintaining a sales pipeline, specifically within the Saas or CCaaS industry.
- Previous experience working with long - term sales cycles of 6-18 months.
- Demonstrable experience within a leadership role and a proven ability to manage and motivate others.
- Experience using a CRM or similar tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective influencing and negotiating.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to form strong client relationships.